Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Our Website. This Website is owned by Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd trading as “Gordon MacRae & Co”, “Gordon MacRae IP” or as “GMC” (“Gordon MacRae & Co, “GMC”, “We”, “Us” and “Our”) which is an incorporated legal practice established in Scotland, UK. The company’s registered number is SC485731 and its registered office is CBC House, 24 Canning Street Edinburgh EH3 8EG. The term “Your” refers to the User or viewer of Our Website.
These are the terms and conditions of the use of the website of Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd.
- Use of Website on these Conditions
- All Use of the Website www.gordonmacraeip.com (‘the Site’) is on the terms and conditions below. The use of GMC services will be subject to GMC terms of business together with these website use terms and conditions where relevent.
- You may print and keep a copy of these terms. They are a legal agreement between Us and can only be modified with Our consent. We reserve the right to change the terms at Our discretion by changing them on the Website.
- Accuracy of Information and Disclaimer
- We do Our best to ensure all information on the Site is accurate.
- Neither We nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. The information provided on the site is for information only and is not legal or any other kind of advice upon which You or any third party may rely. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
- If You find any inaccurate information on the Site let Us know and We will correct it, where We agree, as soon as practicable.
- You should ensure information You send to Us is accurate and does not breach anyone else’s rights such as copyright. You shall ensure any information You send to Us is not: libellous, obscene, menacing, threatening, offensive, abusive, fraudulent, criminal, does not infringe the rights of other people and is not in any other way illegal. Although We hope this Site will be of interest to users, We accept no liability and offer no warranties in relation to it and its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
- Your use of any information or services on this Site is entirely at Your own risk, for which We shall not be liable. it shall be Your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website is not used to try to meet Your specific requirements.
- Any views expressed in messages on the Site are not necessarily those of Gordon MacRae & Co or anyone connected with Gordon MacRae & Co.
- Copyright and Postings on the Site
- The Site contains copyright material, trade names and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, graphics and may in future include video, graphics, music downloadable pdf format articles and sound. The entire contents of the Site are protected by copyright law. We, or Our licensors, own copyright and/or database rights in the selection, co-ordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as Well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part except as provided in these Terms. The Copyright notice on Our Site is as follows.
“All copyright material, trade names and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, graphics, video, graphics, music, downloadable pdf format articles and sound (together “Content’) are either owned or licensed by GMC and are subject to the following copyright notice: @Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd 2015-2020. All rights are reserved and any unauthorised use or copying of any of the Content or any part of the Content may be prosecuted to the full extent of applicable copyright laws.”
You may download information from the Site for Your own personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without Our express permission and that of the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that You do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyright material.
- “Gordon MacRae IP”, “GMC” and “Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd” and Our logos on this site are trade names of Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd. You may not Use those names without Our consent.
- We provide hypertext links to other sites which are operated by other people. Using such a link means You are leaving Our Site and We take no responsibility for, and give no warranties, guarantees or representations in respect of any linked sites.
- This website contains material which is licensed to or owned by Us. This includes, but is not limited to, the code, software and design of the website. It also includes, but is not limited to the content (the text, photos and other content) of the website.
You may not copy or reproduce any part of the website except for a single copy for personal offline viewing.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Our Liability
- We provide most information on this Site free of any access charge. Where not charged for, the information provided on the Site is provided on the basis of no liability for the information given. Where We provide a chargeable service to a client, We accept liability only as set out in our Letter of Engagement and related terms of business issued to and agreed by any client for whom we have agreed to act. In no event shall We be liable to You for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue or good will arising from Your Use of the Site or information on the Site. Subject as provided below, all terms implied by law are excluded.
- We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation that cannot, under English or Scots law, be excluded.
- We are a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users of the Site. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, or users, are those of the authors or distributors and not of Us. We do not necessarily endorse nor are We responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site made by any third party.
- The information on the Site is not intended to address Your particular requirements. Such information does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Us and is not intended to be relied upon by You in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, or other, decisions. Unless You wish to instruct Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd to advise and represent You and We agree to represent You as evidenced by the issue by US and your agreement in writing to our terms of business and our letter of engagement, You should take Your own advice.
- Where You purchase goods or services having been directed from the Site through a link to any third party ad their website, any contract You may choose to form with them, or your use of their website is a matter between You and them. We do not accept any liability for the quality or type of services or goods provided by those whom We mention on Our site or to whom We have linked Our Site. It is for You to make Your own judgment about the quality of such providers. We exclude all liability both under contract and under the law of tort and agency including without limitation liability for misrepresentation to the fullest extent permitted by law in this respect.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Us and whilst We endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Site or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any purpose. Any reliance You place on such information is therefore strictly at Your own risk.
- Barring from the Site
- We reserve the right to bar Users from the Site, on a permanent or temporary basis at Our discretion. Any such User shall be notified and must not then attempt to use the Site under any other name or through any other user.
- Chargeable Services
7.1 If You wish Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd to represent You or carry out any of the services it provides for your business You should complete the contact form at the foot of each page of Our website by clicking on the word “Contact” or send an email to email@example.com following which, if We agree We can assist You, We shall issue to You our letter of engagement and terms of business. The letter of engagement will set out the specification of services and work, the hourly rate and an estimate of time likely to be involved or an estimate of the fee for the work together with a note of who will be carrying out the services and the work. Gordon MacRae & Co Ltd will not carry out any services or any item of work before its letter of engagement and terms have been agreed in writing.
- Legal Jurisdiction and Dispute Resolution
- Scottish law shall apply to these terms, notwithstanding the jurisdiction where You are based. You irrevocably agree that the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. The place of performance shall be Scotland.
- We make no warranty or guarantee that the Site or information available over it complies with laws other than those of Scotland.
- Any formal legal notices should be sent to Us at the registered office address for GMC set out at the start of these website use terms and conditions and must also be confirmed by email to : enquiries @gordonmacraeip.com.
- Failure by Us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right.
- You may not assign or transfer any rights You may have in terms of this policy or Your use of the Site.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to, nor shall it, confer any benefit on a third party whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- We may amend these Terms at any time by posting a variation on the Site.